BIOMETRIC VOTER REGISTRATION
Determine Your Future Through Registering To Vote
Requirements for Voter Registration
- Be a Zimbabwean citizen
- Be 18 years and above
- Have proof of identity
- Have proof of residence
Proof of identity
Proof of identity can either be:
- National identification documents (ID) - Metal ID, Plastic ID, or the waiting pass with the original photography
- A valid Zimbabwean passport
Proof of residence
A proof of residence is a document confirming where you live. It needs to have both your full name and address printed on it.
The document can be any one of the following:
- A statement or letter from your landlord, parent, friend, head of school, councillor, village head, headman, chief, mine owner, hospital, or any other public institutions confirming your address.
- Title deeds, certificate of occupation, offer letter, or agreement of sale.
- Lodger's permit
- Rates, water, electricity, telephone or credit store statement; a hospital/clinic bill or card, or a stamped envelope with your name and address.
- Affidavit stating your place of residence.
The registration process
How you can register to vote:
- Complete a registration form called VR1.
- Give the Voter Registration Officer your ID, filled in VR1 form and proof of residence.
- The Voter Registration Officer will check your documents and the registration form (VR1)
- The Voter Registration Officer will capture your details from the VR1 form to the Biometric Voter Registration Kit.
- The Voter Registration Officer will capture your facial features using a camera.
- Your finger prints shall be taken for all your ten fingers where applicable.
- You will be requested to verify your data on the BVR kit.
- Upon confirmation, you will receive a Certificate of Registration.
The following information will appear on the certificate:
- ID number
- serial number
- polling station
- local authority
Where to register
Register at any ZEC Provincial and District office or any mobile registration center near you.
When to register
Register during working hours from 7am to 5:30pm
Why you should register to vote
It is your constitutional right to participate as a voter and as a candidate.
Inspection of the voters' roll
There will be voter registration inspection to:
- Check and confirm your details
- Correct any errors or omissions.
You can check your voter registration details through dialing *265# for Econet and Netone users or visit the following BVR link:
In case there are errors, contact the nearest ZEC registration center or office.
Transfer of Registration
For transfer, bring your new proof of residence and your ID.
For more information contact:
The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC)
Tel: +263 242 774 095/759 130/779 618